Thursday, June 07, 2007

Off We Go

At 3:30 am Lisa woke me. "How much do you want to be part of this process?" she asked? Without committing to a response I asked why. The contractions were now here - every six minutes or so.

Maybe I can get some more sleep. After all the team is no good if the coach is cranky.

At 3:35 am Lisa woke me. Swear words were uttered. Uh-oh, this is going to be a long day.

I need coffee. Lisa was up and was not going to rest again. She volunteered to make the coffee while I rousted from bed.

At 4:15 am Lisa woke me. "Here's your coffee. Nice job, way to be a coach," her voice laced with bemusement and sarcasm. "I made it extra strong for you. I'm taking a shower."

I need sleep. And if Lisa is off to the shower...

At 5:10 am Lisa woke me. "How was that coffee?" The coffee was now room temperature.

Lisa described her contractions to me. Wow, this is it. It wasn't time to run to the hospital just yet. We were able to get up, shower, eat something, make more coffee, and get ready. There is a calm between us - panic has not set in - although the nerves are tingly.

It's 6:20 am. The mid wives have been called.

Stay tuned.

No comments: