Monday, June 04, 2007

June Bug

Maybe baby we're having a May baby...

Or not.

May 31st slid by on the calendar with little fanfare but lots of anticipation - but I don't want to belabor the subject of w-a-i-t-i-n-g (alright - that was a bad pun). June 1st came and went. We really hadn't given thought to the baby being born in June. Nope, not at all.

Lisa's mom arrived from Florida thinking that there would already be grandmotherly things to do but alas, she is waiting along with us. The weekend came and went too. I had Reserves and drove an hour and a half in the opposite direction of the hospital. I had a feeling that everything would be okay if I went and sure enough it was.

June bug baby.

June brings up two dates this week that would be interesting days to have TJ. The first is June 5th, Lisa's birthday. Initially she was not too happy to "share" her special day with someone else. Now, Lisa is pretty sure that it would be a great birthday present for her for our son to come into the world. That and the "free birthday dessert" night would be fun down the road a few years from now!

The other date is June 8th, the year anniversary of the death of my dad. Lisa and I went round and round over the baby's name before deciding (begrudgingly on her part) for Thomas Jacob. Thomas is dad's first name. How wonderful in an eerie way would it be for my father's namesake to be born a year after he died? I miss that old man and think of him all of the time.

If I had to place a bet I'd go for June 8th - dad is behind this.

Whatever the day - we are still ready, already!

No comments: