Saturday, June 16, 2007

Mom Upside Down Is Wow

I know that I have often said that I am a lucky man to have married Lisa, but will you just look at this picture of her? Nine days after TJ was born Lisa is looking amazing getting ready to take the little guy for a walk.

Betty flew home this morning. It was great to have her with us to provide extra support to our ranks. Now it is just "us". By "us" I mean Lisa and I - against the little one. I'm not being mean, but trying to take on all this work alone is tough. Raising children is (and should be) mentally, emotionally, and physically taxing. The news is full of stories where parents cannot provide the basics of love and support for their children. You need to be a team, like wrestling, you need to tag out from time to time...and win. I joke with Lisa that it's us against "him" and that keep our sanity and sense of humor requires us to be successful more often than not in the responsibility of raising our son. That goes for our daughter, too. The fights with Sam are much more sophisticated since she is 9 1/2 years old. Some she wins - like her choice of music. Some we win - like chores and shower time.

Lisa has been amazing with Sam as another parent. Not merely a step parent, but a role model and influence for Samantha. Now she is showing that same grace, love, and patience with TJ.

Wow indeed.

No comments: