Monday, April 06, 2015

Glad I Don't Use 35mm Film Anymore




Happy Easter 2015.


Our day was an easy one with a late start to the day, 9:30am service at crowded Fuquay Varina United Methodist Church, and a lazy sunny Sunday afternoon with family.  We never really picked up on egg hunts or egg coloring - although I have distinct memories of mom and Paas egg coloring kits with the little wire dippers.  The smell of vinegar and the fizzing of the tablets.Oi, what a mess we made back then.





Betty and Bobby came over for a Honey Baked Ham, potatoes bacon and green beans, rolls and a bottle of wine.  I even made brussel sprouts (with bacon) for the first time ever.  Brussel sprouts were a favorite of mine from when my grandmother, Mimi made them as a kid.  She used to make them in butter topped with bread crumbs.  We made them with bacon because, well, everything tastes better with bacon.  Aside from the oven not working properly for Lisa (it worked fine for me) dinner was great.  I realize we are not a dinner conversation family; at least not now with two boys and Bobby, but it was nice to have loved ones around the table.




We even heard from Samantha.  I got a text late at night wishing me a happy Easter and saying she missed me.  It is the first time she has reached out to us in over eight months.  There were no mixed messages or reading between the lines in the message, just a straight forward line of text.  It's a start.




The Easter Bunny left the boys new ties for Sunday service in their baskets.  Not clip-ons either.  I got to have some "dad time" helping the boys tie their ties.  Okay, I did it for them.  It was still fun.




Of course taking pictures of our two clowns was a different story. As you can see from the series of photos on the right, the phrase, "hold still and smile" does not translate well to young boys. These photos now show up on my phone and I laugh out loud every time I see them.  As funny as TJ is he will always have to play the straight man to Grant's clown. Grant plays to the camera so well and he absolutely knows how to goof off for it.



Happy Easter, "He is risen."

No comments: