Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Fathers Day!

Dear Daddy,

I know I can't type just yet. I know that I can't even speak just yet either. But take a moment and imagine if I could, this is what I would say to you on your first fathers day with me in the world.

I am the luckiest boy in the world to be born and have a father like you. In just my ten days in this world I have heard you make funny rhymes, sing me songs, and make changing my diaper as easy as can be. You are a master swaddler. You make me feel safe, loved, and secure.

I have also had the opportunity in the past 10 days to experience the love that you give to my sister, Samantha and my mom, Lisa. Wow! You are an amazing dad and husband to them as well. You have devoted this past week to cooking and cleaning and entertaining Grandma. You have made time for Samantha to make sure that she feels that she is an important part of this family too. You have done so much to make my entry into this world as effortless for my mom and fun for me! Your character and love for your family is truly shining through.

Growing up with you as my dad is going to be an adventure. I can tell. I look forward to the years to come, Dad. I am one lucky guy.

Love,
TJ

1 comment:

Annemiek said...

Congratulations again!
Micky gave your blog address, and I love to see the pictures of your little one.
Your story of the colors of birth is wonderful, you really got a writer inside of you :)