Thursday, June 07, 2007

Welcome to the World Thomas Jacob (TJ) Brown

My son, welcome to the world.

You were born on June 7th, 2007 at 6:50 pm. You weighed 7 lbs 10 onces and was 21 inches long.

Your mom labored for many hours to bring you into this world. We made a great team during your delivery and will continue to be a team for your entire life.

You are handsome. It's fair to say you are a little eggheaded and you one ear is a little, um, squiggly. However, your nose is cute, your eyes are blue(ish), and your face is full and round.

It was a great day to enter the world!

Today was a beautiful day. The room where you were delivered overlooked Cayuga Lake in Ithaca, New York. There were sailboats out on the water as the sun glistened high above. It was warm and the heat of the mid morning sun burned off the cold, cold temperatures from the morning.

You met your sister within the first hour of your life. She was awestruck and a little speechless when she first saw you. Sure, she turned into a typical nine year old within a minute, but you could see that the title of "big sister" became a reality - a reality she seemed to embrace.

You were born 365 days since the passing of your name sake, my father and your grandfather, Thomas Brown. If your mother and I can raise you to be as good of a man as he was, and as good of men as he raised your Uncle Andy and I - then we will truly be blessed. Son, I miss my dad very much and look forward to carrying on both is name and his memory with you.

Today was a great day.

I love you, my Son, TJ.

No comments: