Saturday, July 15, 2017

It's Starting to Come Together

TJ got home from Camp Seagull the other day.  Samantha is on her way down to North Carolina in a week and a half.  I start my travel home in the next few days.  Within a few weeks we will all be together again.

Like any family, we are not without idiosyncrasies and irritations.  Grant is irritable when he doesn't get his way.  Sam can be bossy.  Lisa can be introverted. I am prone to passive aggressive behavior.  Only TJ seems to be the "easy" one.  The family argues and fusses - but then, that is part of the magic that makes a family.  I love my family and the individuals who make it up.  I enjoy dinner around the table and family game night.  I like those unguarded moments when the kids bond and work and play together.  

I am looking forward to walking through the gate of RDU and seeing them on the other side.  It is one of life's small pleasures; reunions.  This will be a good reunion.  

Counting down the days.

No comments: