Thursday, February 21, 2008

Forward Gear

It's official! TJ is now a forward crawler.

The phone call came on Saturday afternoon. I was working at our annual AD White Student Leadership Conference at Cornell. Dad and Samantha were at home for the day on "baby duty". I could not take the call right away, but when I found the moment to call back, Rich said, "we got ourselves a crawler."

"Really!" I remarked. "How far can he go?"

"How far do you want him to go?" Rich said back.

Earlier that day as people were asking me how TJ was doing my standard remark was, "he is doing well. He is crawling backward, he just needs to figure out how to get it into forward gear." I guess he found it.

I am so pleased to know that Dad and Sam were at home to see it first. Yep, mommy guilt crept in. I was not at home to see the first crawl. But at least Rich could be a part. There is so much that he may miss in the future. . . so I will give him this one. He deserves it.

Now that it has been a few days, TJ is becoming more familiar with forward gear. His speed is increasing. But he still pops it in and out of neutral and reverse quite a bit. Baby proofing the house is in our near future. We know that for sure.

No comments: