Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Paranoid Questions

Really, Rich. . . it was more of a "thunk" than gas. It is true, I was laying in bed not wanting to get up (pregnancy has made me more tired) and while I was laying on my side I felt something inside me settle. I would normally think nothing of this "thunk" feeling, but as I was laying there, I could not help but to raise the question to my husband, "was that Smudge that moved, or just me and my digestive system saying good morning?" Welcome to the paranoid questions of pregnancy!

There are other paranoid questions that go through my mind on a daily basis. . . most of them revolve around what I eat. Will this diet coke cause my child to have only one eye? Am I getting enough vegetables in my diet? Am I really supposed to avoid soft cheese? Is blue cheese considered soft? What! I can't snack on raw cookie dough anymore?

I have also just learned that I am not supposed to be reaching and moving heavy things. Oh dear. . . now we have entered into the physical realm of my paranoia. What can I am what can't I do when it comes to day-to-day activities and going to the gym.

The way I see it is that people have been having babies since the beginning of time and due to that long history, I think my body will tell me what I should and shouldn't be doing. I will listen to its signs. . . like the "thunk" I heard/felt yesterday. That certainly got my attention.

No comments: