Monday, January 22, 2024

The Coronavirus: The Multi Day Project in 24 Hours

This was my Christmas present from Samantha. I love to build Star Wars Lego sets. It gives me a sense of calm and focus and challenge that comes from most hobbies. I love to sit down with a beer or a cup of coffee and go through a few bags of the kit.  However, with Covid, and it being Dry January, all I had was coffee and a lot of time on my hands. 
Luke's Land Speeder Master Build kit - almost 1900 pieces in 13 bags.  These models pull you in. It is hard to simply stop once you begin a bag. It is hard to stop when you know the next bag is going to give the kit more definition like a cockpit controls or engines.   
I started early on Saturday morning...

 


...and finished the main body by bedtime.
The nose section was ready before breakfast the next day.
The engines were done by lunch.

I was done before dinner on Sunday. The kit was massive in size for a Lego set, over 19" long and 6" tall on the stand.  

It was a long quarantine in the office, and I wasn't planning on building the kit now. I certainly didn't plan on doing it in about 30 hours.  

My post Covid project is to find a place to display it.


No comments: