Friday, January 19, 2024

The Coronavirus: Covid at Home!?

In 2024 it seems a little anti-climatic but we have a positive case of Covid in the house.  

My symptoms started maybe on Sunday, but definitely Monday. I was lethargic and stayed in bed most of MLK Day. I felt good enough to go to work on Tuesday but felt a downward spiral in the afternoon.  By Wednesday morning I knew there was something wrong and called into work sick. I ran out an got tests for everyone in the house and came home to go through the motions of swabbing my nose, adding the drops, and waiting for the inevitable.

I now know what what people were talking about during the height of the pandemic. My whole body hurt on Wednesday. Not like a soreness from a workout where you lifted or exerted too much. No, this was pain throughout my whole body.  I did not want to get out of the bed - even thought I was sequestered to the office pull out.  That lasted through most of Thursday but subsided by the evening.  Fortunately, those were the worst of my symptoms. I had no problems with my airways! 
Friday has been a long day in the office watching if anyone else gets sick - so far so good. ...and binge watching shows like I never have before; including a couple of funny episodes of "I Love Lucy." 

I am looking forward to the end of this when I can sleep in my own bed, run again, and rejoin society. 

No comments: