Thursday, April 12, 2018

Tar Heel Born, Tar Heel Bred

So technically I'm not Carolina born or bred but good luck telling that to me now. Over the weekend I opened a decision letter from UNC Chapel Hill, figuring I would get my first rejection out of the way. Being one of the top public schools in the country, out of state transfer admission is extremely difficult to obtain. However to my great surprise, and excitement, I saw this screen offering me admission to Chapel Hill:

































I started crying immediately and FaceTimed Brittany who was asleep (we had just been talking the night before how unlikely it was I'd get in), before running into my moms room crying to tell her.I accepted admission last night with my mom. 

I have a lot of feelings about all of this. I'm overwhelmed by this. I didn't expect to get in, and here I am, attending in the fall. I'm scared to fail. I know I wont but it still scares me.

Dad says he can help get me into ROTC, which is amazing considering I've wanted to be in the army since I was small. I know that I'm a leader, it's just scary to be at the starting point of something unknown. 

No comments: