Monday, January 28, 2013

Chronicler In Chief

Looking back on 2012, one thing is clear, my partner in life, love, and raising children is woefully absent from any substantial contributions to the Family Blog.

The reason for the blog is not only for our friends and family but for the children (and one day grandchildren).  I hope that they can read entries that haven't been looked at in years; my second deployment, the loss of Rebecca, the birth of Grant, Sam moving in.  That is, of course, if computers are still around and this web site still exists. 

In 2012 as well as today we are both busy.  Lisa carries the lion's share of taking care of the kids while I take of things like cooking and taking out the garbage.  It's a busy household.  Think of it as Lisa is HR and I am Operations.

This blog is a labor of love.  It interferes with all of the other things I could/should be doing and writing is not without effort.  Trying to make a middle-class families issues sound interestingly readable (even to the writer) takes time and consideration.  Quite frankly, I could just post pictures with long captions next to them and get the same effect.  However, unlucky for all of us I am just narcissistic enough to think I can write.  Meh - maybe not. 

I think my chief complaint is that the story of this family is only being written by me and that we are missing a whole other side and aspect to it.  This is a team effort.  Mom has a say. Maybe even the kids in when they are older.



But still, a report from the HR department from time to time - now - would be nice.


No comments: