Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Frenzied

So, I have  been back to work for a little over two weeks, and I can honestly say that the hardest part about coming back is getting out the door in the morning. There is so much to do in the morning as a mother of two, and as a wife, it is a miracle I am able to get ready as a professional too. The best word I have to describe the mornings is "FRENZY".

I do not like this feeling. As a matter of fact, I hate it, especially when there is a time crunch and I feel late for something. As much as I try to prepare the night before or try to get up early to take care of my needs before the needs of others take priority, there is still only so much time in the morning in which we have to get it all done and head out the door. And truthfully, it exhausts me.

Just yesterday as we were frantically leaving the house, T.J. said to me, "Mom, you angry?"

"No, honey, just frustrated."

"Why you frustrated? T.J. questioned.

"There are a lot of moving parts this morning and we are late. I do not like to be late and I feel a little frenzied. I just have to get you and Grant to your schools on time and I am hoping we can do that."

T.J. seemed content with that answer for the time being.

As we got closer to his child care center, he said to me, "Look, Mom, we are getting closer to school. You happy now?"

I smiled. What a sweet child to ask if I was feeling better now that we were on the road and getting closer to our goal.

"Yes, T.J. I am feeling better now. Thank you for asking," I said as I breathed a sigh of relief.

But I do not want every day to be like this. Rich and I are trying to work out a routine of our own in the morning, I just need to figure out the areas in which he can aid and assist. He already helps T.J. with his morning routine of breakfast and cartoons, but of course he has to get ready to get out the door too.

I know it will get better in time. . . or perhaps I will just get more comfortable with this frenzied feeling. We will see.

No comments: