Sunday, December 04, 2016

Happy Birthday Grant


Hey "Little Man" - you are not so little anymore.  You turned six years old the other day. For your birthday we got you Pokémon Fathead wall art for your room.  Those bare walls were the perfect color for Pikachu, Bulbasaur, and Charizard.  I have no idea who those characters are - but you liked them!   It dawned on me that you are certainly not a toddler, or a little boy. 
 














No, I see a boy. A boy who is so independent but still needing to climb into bed with mom and dad in the morning to cuddle. A boy who is forming his own opinions, attitudes, and demeanors but still defers to mommy to keep himself in check. A boy who worships his big brother but can do his own thing when big brother is away. 














It is hard to believe how "grown" you are at 6. My children always impress me in one way or another. You impress me with a growing intellect and capacity to see how things work.

I sense greatness in you, Stinker. Greatness I can't even imagine for you.

All of my love.


No comments: