Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mommy's Little Helper

"TJ, can you throw this away for Mommy?" He takes the wad of tissue that I used to wipe his nose from my hand and heads to the trash can. He opens the cabinet door, throws the tissue in there, closes the door and walks back to me.

"TJ, lets go into the bathroom and brush our teeth." He gets up from reading his bedtime story and waddles over to the bathroom where I hand him his tooth brush. He sits down and proceeds to suck on the toothbrush. "TJ, show Mommy how you can brush back and forth." He complies.

TJ understands the English language. Not only does he understand what mommy is saying, he is actually doing what I ask of him. AMAZING.

I am really liking this stage. . . a lot. And I recognize I need to savor the moments now, while they last, because once TJ learns how to say and use the word "NO!" things are gonna change.

No comments: