Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day 2008

Father's Day 2008 was a pleasant first full day back from "Army" school.

Lisa brought me TJ and then coffee. Of course TJ is always a treat in the morning, full of smiles and chatter. By the time Sam got up I sported my "Best Dad Hands Down" shirt from Samantha and we were all ready to walk over to the greasy spoon that we love on Sunday mornings, Hyde's Diner.

Growing up as a kid my parents always went to the Monroe Diner, a Greek owned diner that started out as a tiny short order joint and grew over the years into a respectable place for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Going to Hyde's reminds me of those Sunday mornings.

I mowed the lawn - which is not so much of a task than a few minutes of "me time". Lisa like to fold laundry. I like to cut the grass. To each his own, at least my lawn looks good.

The kids gave me my presents; a book on steam locomotives from Samantha, and a painting of what looks like a angel fish from TJ. The day was beautiful and we drove over to the lake to try to sail.

This is my second or third time trying to sail with Lisa. Each time has met with poor results. In fact, it was only our pre-wedding day sail and our honeymoon where I had any luck. With the sailing that is... Nope, Lisa is never going to get the chance to teach me to sail.

We came back home and I go to barbecue some hamburgers - a perfect "dad job" - for dinner.

I am blessed with a wonderful family and it felt great to be a dad of two wonderful kids.

Life is good.

No comments: