Thursday, August 02, 2007

Bait

TJ is eight weeks old today.

He is smiling more, although still more for daddy than for mommy. We are working on nap patterns to get him down for longer than 30 minutes during the day. As Lisa said, we are still learning about one another. I must say this - he is one handsome baby! I think he could be a baby model. When he smiles or frowns each is worthy of some kind of diaper ad.

Last weekend the three of us went to Syracuse just to get out, stay cool, and look for a baby jogger. We wound up at the mall where I discovered an amazing thing. My little boy made women stop what they are doing and run over to see him. For example, Lisa went into Macy's for makeup and I had TJ. Suddenly I am surrounded by all of the "modelesque" women from the perfume/makeup department. The women are cooing and squeezing his little toes. They absolutely melted. I've never been surrounded by this many women in my life - and since TJ can't talk they are all talking to me. "Why of course he's cute - look at his dad." Giggles and smiles. All this to the bemusement of Lisa who is no more than 15 feet away.

I have heard of this working working with taking puppies to the park. No one told me about womens' responses to babies. Cool!

Next stop - Victoria Secret.

No comments: