Thursday, October 12, 2006

7 Weeks

So, Rich already shared the highlights of my visit to the doctor last week. But from the "mom's" perspective, it was pretty cool to see our "smudge" on the monitor and to imagine that there is this little small person growing inside of me. Here was the proof I was looking for. . . finally. Yes, I am pregnant and I saw the smudge to verify it. I started to tear up in the examination room, but the discomfort of having an internal sonogram quickly diverted my attention away from the emotional. Yes-- I did say internal. It was interesting to say the least.

So now I am 7.5 weeks pregnant. I am holding up pretty well. I notice that I am much more tired and much more moody-- something I can blame on the hormones for now. Rich has been a saint as he learns to try to live with the "pregnant Lisa" and I am trying to put my moodiness in check. It is a daily challenge. I am pleased to share, however that there have been no episodes of morning sickness (knock on wood). In the morning, I do feel a bit odd and queasy, but it has not resulted in a mad dash to the bathroom.

At the doctor last week, they did give us the target due date of May 29th. That's right around Memorial Day and Cornell graduation. Wow! As I think about it, given our careers and working in higher education this due date (and my whole pregnancy) is perfect. I have the summer (our slower months) for maternity leave and I do not have to be mega-pregnant during the hottest months in Ithaca. How lucky are we? Here is to the next 29 weeks.

No comments: