Sunday, December 18, 2022

We're Not Elfin' Around

 

I love that we can go out and have fun at our own expense.  Not many people would willingly put on these Christmas clothes and go to a party. We will. We did. We won.   

It is a testament to our love for one another and not taking life too seriously. Yes, I wore this hideous suit to work for our Christmas party at work on Friday and won. I mean how could I lose with a poorly made, velour type material, suit that I bought off the clearance rack at Khol's for $5 back in July?  

But then you double down and break out the elf pajama suit - complete with ears - to go to a party down the street on the next evening.  It is very funny to be standing in your pajamas with a bunch of strangers - each one eyeing your outfit. You can see them process their humor or mild/odd discomfort in seeing adults act this way. "Oh, they're those people."  

Yes, we are.

Our trophy will proudly be displayed for many Christmases to come.

No comments: