Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Character Counts

My final post from the marathon is dedicated to the Disney characters I posed with during the four races.  It is fun to see characters that you rarely see during the normal day - even more so to take a moment out of the race to get a photo - something I promised myself I would do!  How can you just run right past some of these characters when your run time isn't going to be a PR anyway?

We are a Disney family with many trips to Florida and the Cruise Line.  We have been blessed with some rare character encounters in the past; Snow White kissing TJ on the forehead, Pirate Goofy, Stitch hanging out in Tomorrowland, Pluto on Main Street, U.S.A, and even Cinderella's Step-sisters.  Imagine how that job offer went, "Hey, congratulations, you're going to be a character meet-and-greet from Cinderella." You mean I'm going to be Cinderella?!!"  "Well, not exactly."

Disney characters bring the parks to life and connect us with our childhood - and Walt probably wanted it that way.  There is a special kind of magic standing next to Mickey Mouse and his friends.  And, yes, for every race I channeled my inner Mickey, Marlin, Goofy and Dopey.  It was a great time.


















No comments: