Saturday, October 07, 2017

The Post About the Boyfriend

Samantha has a guy that she is dating regularly. 
(I sit here letting that sink in...)

Samantha sent me a picture of the two of them.  He is tall; 6'7" and she is looking up at him, smiling.  It's a good smile.  It is good to see her happy with another person.

Of course, the sad news is I'll have to kill him if he makes her sad.  (Just kidding) ((Or am I?)) 

In their early twenties (in fact they are only 20) there is too much ahead of them to make anything of this. Ahead of them is more college, and more college, work, life, and a bump or two.  A famous man once said, 'life is what happens when you are busy making other plans.' But in the meantime...  

It is real to both of them and that's what matters.  Safe, sane, sensible relationships are possible at any age - and as a parent I hope for that for my daughter. 

Sam wants to bring him down in a couple of months.  There is no reason to say, No.  In fact, it will be fine.   

I remember the little girl who was my daughter. I am excited to meet the woman of the same title. 
We are getting there.


No comments: