Saturday, September 10, 2016

School Bells Are Ringing

There is a buzz all around Wake county this past week. Can you hear it? Its moms and dads from every neighborhood singing and cheering songs of praise. Why are parents so happy? Cause school is now back in session! The kids are back into a structure. a routine, that allows mom and dad a bit more freedom in managing their own lives, their own jobs. Hot damn and hallelujah! The kids are in school.

TJ is in 4th grade this year. I remember 4th grade as being one of my favorites in elementary school. I had a great teacher, I had some good friends, I even had my first boyfriend. It was really more of a crush-- but we were so silly. Mike Shaw was his name. I remember getting my hair cut and saving a lock of it for him. He once gave me a box of candy. They were jolly ranchers in an old box that checks come in. On the inside bottom of the box he wrote "I love you" so that when I finished the candies, I would see the message. Too cute. I am sure that TJ will do something as equally innocent and crush on a girl too. . .if he has not already (that player).

TJs teacher is Mr. Mangenello. Yep, I said Mr. TJ is so excited to have a boy as a teacher. And he seems so "cool" too. He is about 2-3 years out of college (practically a baby himself), plays Pokemon Go (scored big points with TJ right there), and has three rats that he has trained and are the class pets. I really hope that TJ continues to take a liking to Mr. M. I want a teacher to help TJ discover the joy of reading, the benefits of hard work, and the pride that comes with not giving up. I hope that is not too much to ask, and I'd rather TJ learn that sooner than later.

Grant is all ready to start Kindergarten.

No comments: