Thursday, July 02, 2015

Tanks A Lot

I am finally home for the summer after eight long weeks in Ft. Knox, Kentucky, the former Home of the Armor School. As such the post has plenty of tanks on display.

The Patton Museum is on Ft. Knox too - a monument to possibly the greatest Armor Officer and certainly one of the most controversial Generals of World War II.

I even went to a display of current equipment like rocket launchers, missile systems, cannons, and engineer equipment. They even let me sit in an M1 Abrams! I only wish the boys could have been with me to see it. So - this is for you, TJ and Grant.

Ft. Knox - thanks a lot!

Patton Tank
BAG (Big Ass Gun)
 



 









Rocket Launcher
Self Propelled Howitzer
Multiple Launch Rocket System
Mine Sweeper
120mm Howitzer
M-1 Abrams Tank
Sherman Tanks
Patton Tank

No comments: