Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Bonding

Look carefully at the picture and you will notice a small face in the upper right hand window.

That is Grant and he is blowing kisses to me as I pull out of the driveway and head to work.  And it is so stinkin' cute.  Grant is definitely in that adorable zone.

Without a doubt I am getting cooler and cooler with Grant.  He cuddles with me, asks for me to tuck him in, and gives me unsolicited, "I love yous".  And if I am mowing then I always have a helper helping me push back and forth on the lawn.

It's nice to have my son looking up to me for fun, acknowledgement, confidence, and bonding.  That's what it is right?  We are bonding.  And I love it.

Yesterday, Grant took off the training wheels on his bike for the first time and pedaled for three whole seconds without me holding him.  He trusts me because the day prior he steadfastly announced he was n-e-v-e-r going to take off the training wheels. My hope is that we can extend that trust to the swimming pool this summer.

Because I am his new buddy, Grant is very cognizant of when I leave for work and always stops me for a hug and a kiss.  I cannot leave without it.  A few weeks ago I left very, very early in the morning.  The garage door must have woken Grant up because as I pulled away I saw the front door flung open with a half naked four year old, tears streaming down his eyes, running, yelling, "HUG!" He was immediately followed by a half naked 44 year old trying to catch him.

Grant said to me today, "I'll give you a hug and kiss now.  I'll be in the window, blowing kisses.  Waiting.  (pause for effect) Patiently."

So.

Stinkin'.

Cute.

No comments: