Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day

TJ

Grant
It's hard to believe that the boys are (almost) 10 and 6. 

The other night I was imagining life without the children. Life, if Lisa and I met, as we did in our mid-thirties, and decided that kids were not for us.  I thought about the trips, adventures, and excitement we would have. Paris, Hawaii, concerts, parties; places and experiences that are harder (if not impossible) with kids in tow.  A tiny smile crept across my face.

But it was really just a tangential thought.  I could imagine a life without the boys but I would not want it.  While fleetingly attractive, there is nothing about that life that fits my heart.  My heart belongs to Lisa and the boys and Sam. 

In fact, I knew - very early in our brief courtship - that I would marry Lisa because I knew I wanted to be a dad again. The father to her children. 

Lisa is a great mom.  The boys could not ask for more.  Sam could not ask for a nicer step-mom.  We are all blessed with her in our lives.

Today I honor my partner and best friend on Mother's Day!



No comments: