Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Too Much Time On My Hands


The thing about deployments is that time becomes an elusive measure. Days seems like weeks.  Weeks seem like only yesterday.  Days can have distinct parts so that what you did in the morning seems like it was done last week.  On top of this is trying to do the math to know what time it is where everyone you love is either awake somewhere in their day or asleep.

Time plays jokes on you in this way.  Maybe because you see the exact same things every single day without interruption coupled with the fact that the only way home is through months of this routine.  It is hard on a person looking forward to go home.

It’s hard on me.

I am supported by Lisa who replies to every text, email, IM call, and morale call from the office.  FaceTime - with a good connection is the best! It’s easier to get through a day just hearing or reading your loves words.  I don’t know if it makes it go faster, but it does make it better.  

I am keeping busy with my time with nice evening runs, long stays in the library, or binge watching shows.  There is no reason for me to awake any longer than I have to so bed time comes easily around 10:00 to 10:30.

"But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." (in my own bed again).

No comments: