Saturday, September 13, 2014

My New Toy

I don't "want" many things.  I'm not very materialistic.  New toys don't mean a whole lot to me.  When I do want something I try to earn it by setting aside money, looking for deals, or "working for it" in some way that I mentally convince myself that's okay to get it.

For the last few months I have wanted a GoPro video camera.  It's small, very versatile, waterproof camera that can be mounted on bikes, helmets, tripods, or hand held wands.  The footage is awesome.

When I sold the house last week my reward was a GoPro 3+.  I felt that I "earned" the right to drop a few hundred dollars on something I wanted.

For the last few days I have been playing with the camera and learning to use new editing software.

Today we went to the pool for the last time this season.  I woke up at 3:00am with an idea to make a floaty handle for the camera and was awake from 3:00am to 4:00am-ish.  The result was a neat, bright orange, floaty that can mount the camera and float if dropped by the user.  We had a bit of fun making the test footage above!


No comments: