Friday, January 20, 2012

Playing With Technology

This cute little thingy is not a alien invader left over from some Atari 2600 game but rather a QR code - a way for your Smartphone to automatically go to a website, open a Facebook page, call a phone listing, or email a designated recipient. Pretty neat huh?

I created this code in about two minutes on a free QR code creator while I was doing some research for a friend's business. Literally. Two minutes. Thirty seconds of which were spent sipping my coffee reading the website.

I linked the code back to our family journal and posted the code on Facebook. At last count this journal had 3319 visits. Come back in after the weekend to see how many more we get - just from posting on Facebook.

Technology, when it is as easy as this is, is great to work with. And yet we never figured out how to stop the VCR from blinking 12:00. Anyway - thanks for stopping by and participating in my experiment!

No comments: