Friday, May 30, 2008

My First Mothers Day

Earlier this month I was able to celebrate my first mother's day with TJ. As a mom, I have to say that this holiday takes on a different flavor. The love that I feel for my son is so indescribable and this day just tops it off to a whole other level. I am a mom. Yes, that means I change poopie diapers. It means I get out of bed in the middle of the night when TJ cries. It means that I can read TJ's many emotions, moods, and wants like no one else can.

As a mom, it also means that I am charged (along with my husband of course) to raise and nurture this little life. To instruct this child to the best of my ability to be the best human he knows how to be. To teach him compassion, humility, respect, love, honor, and the list goes on and on. To help him discover his God given gifts and use them to advance the world of which he is a part. To teach him to make a difference. To help him learn something and be good to someone every day of his life.

That is a tall order and an awesome responsibility. But I will do my best to savor every day of it. I owe it to my son. I am a mom.

No comments: