Wednesday, February 07, 2007

How Do We Know He Didn't Trip?

Lisa is now six months pregnant. She is showing now, finally; although baggy clothes, a big sweater, can still mask the tummy. This is the fun time when the baby begins to move and the mommy - and whomever she allows - can feel it.

I am one of the ones who is allowed.

The other day I had my hand on Lisa's stomach and felt a very discernible thunk on her abdomen. The natural response is "the baby just kicked," right?

Ok, but how do we know it's a kick? I mean its dark in there, he hardly knows his way around, he can't be that coordinated - he isn't even born yet. Isn't it slippery in there? All that umbilical cord laying around? How do we know he didn't trip on something and hit his head?

I don't know, we give him a lot of credit to be that Chuck Norris style agile.

With a smirk - all is well.

No comments: