Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Right in the Feels

Three years ago, we were watching the Dallas Cowboys playing their Thanksgiving Day game. During halftime, Dolly Parton donned a Cowboy's Cheerleader outfit and performed.

She was 77.

She rocked it - both the outfit and the performance.

Dolly Parton died yesterday. 

Rewatching her interviews and watching her perform and listening to remembrances about her, I am struck how deeply she made people feel good.  Feel good about her, about themselves, and about hope for humanity. Smart, simple spoken, and genuine. 

She was unifying at a time when we are so divided.

It would be a better world if we were all more like Dolly.


I learned through the news that she recorded her final song to be release on the anniversary of her 100th birthday.  That will be in twenty years; something to look forward to when I am 79. 




 

No comments: