Monday, April 22, 2024

March of the Penguins

It was a week for the penguin suit!  

Lisa is always able to find a gem of a deal.  She found a formalwear warehouse that sold gently used tuxedos and gowns for a third of the price of renting one! She bought a nice black tuxedo for TJ for his prom and I was so intrigued by the idea that we went back the next week and bought one for me!  Although I have the option to wear my military uniform for a formal event, I am trying to distance myself from that persona. A $100 tuxedo was a great idea.

On Saturday, Lisa and dressed up for the Inaugural MMIA Gala. Lisa crushed it in her black dress (and Texas hair) and I wore my new grey tux. I tried the suit with a red bow tie but I looked like Pee Wee Herman. Once I did the voice, Lisa gave me hard No. <Laughs like Pee Wee, "Ha, ha, ha.")
Six days later I was in another tuxedo for my brother's wedding in Florida! The rental company initially dropped the ball by giving the suit to another customer named Brown but recovered by emergency FEDEXing another one in less than 16 hours. Thankfully, the remeasured me and suit I picked up fit better than the one I would have gotten. 
Twenty fours after Andy's wedding we had driven back up I-95 to home to see TJ and his friends get dressed for their first prom.  Coming straight from a Track Meet, TJ got ready at Zach's house with Jack and Owen. All of the parents were patiently waiting downstairs until TJ called out to me for help with his cufflinks.  It was then I looked at all of the boys and realized none of them had their cufflinks or buttons on...because no one had ever showed them! 
After a little help they got it figured out and came down looking their best for pictures by the pond before heading to dinner and Marbles Museum for their prom.  No dates, this is 2024. Everyone goes with friends and very few couples go together. However, I did ask TJ if he was going with a girl next year and he replied, "that's the plan."

Looking good in the neighborhood!


No comments: